Sausage Pepper Rustica
This was one of my favorite Olive Garden recipes. When they took it off the menu I had to create it at home.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 lb(s) Penne Pasta
- 1 lb(s) Hot Italian Sausage
- 2 Tbsp(s) Olive Oil
- 2 Bell Peppers, green, red, yellow or orange
- 1 Onion, medium
- 1/4 tsp(s) Red Pepper Flakes
- 26 oz(s) Marina Sauce
- 1 cup(s) Mozzarella, shredded
Sausage Pepper Rustica Directions
- Cook the pasta, drain and keep warm.
- Slice the sausage diagonaly about 1/2"-3/4" thick pieces. Heat 1 Tbs olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Saute the sausage pieces in the oil, browning both sides. Remove sausage to a side plate.
- Add 1 Tbs of olive oil and stir fry the bell peppers and onion until tender.
- Add sausage back to pan, red pepper, marina sauce and heat thoughly.
- Add cheese and stir.
- Serve over pasta