This is a wonderful Indian dish made with chicken or shrimp. The result is a creamy gravy of spices, spinach and tomatoes. Serve over rice with naan or chapati and raita.
For 8 Person(s)
- 2 Tbsp(s) Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup(s) Red Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp(s) Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp(s) Ginger Paste
- 2 tsp(s) Cumin
- 1 tsp(s) Coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp(s) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp(s) Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp(s) Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp(s) Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 lb(s) Chicken, breast or thighs
- 12 oz(s) Spinach, frozen and thawed
- 14 oz(s) Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp(s) Cream
Saagwala Chicken Directions
- In a large frying pan saute the onions in olive oil over medium heat until lightly browned. Add the garlic and ginger paste, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, garam masala and cayenne. Saute for a few minutes.
- Puree the tomatoes with juce and spinach in a blender or food chopper. Add to frying pan and mix well.
- Add the chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until the chicken is fully cooked. Add water if necessary.
- When ready to serve, remove bay leaves and mix in cream. Or alternatively garnish with the cream.