Crab Ravioli with a Wine Cream Sauce
See my ravioli pasta recipe elsewhere. Make sure you prepare the filling before making the ravioli pasta as the pasta will dry out fairly quickly.
You can substitute Parmesan, Asiago, Gorgonzola or Provolone for the Pecorino Romano.
You can also substitute chives, sage, thyme, oregano or rosemary for the basil.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1/3 cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 6 oz Crab Meat
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Peel, finely chopped
- 2 tsps Lemon Juice
- 2 tsps Capers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 tsp Fennel Seed, crushed
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper, cracked
- 2 Tbsps Sweet Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps Butter, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp Flour, All-Purpose
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 1 1/4 cups Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano, shredded
- 2 Tbsps Italian Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsps Basil,chopped
Crab Ravioli with a Wine Cream Sauce Directions
- Saute the red pepper, onion and garlic in a butter over medium heat until tender.
- Add the crab, lemon peel, lemon juice, capers, fennel seeds and black pepper.
- Fill the ravioli pasta with about 2 teaspoons of filling and seal the edges. Cover and refridgerate while you prepare the sauce.
- Saute the onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper.
- Add the cream and wine. Stir until thick and bubbly. Add the cheese and stir until melted and blended.
- Stir in the parsley and basil.