This recipe will make perfect sushi rice everytime. This recipe will make about 6 sushi rolls.
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 cup(s) Small Grain Sushi Rice
- 3 cup(s) Water
- 1/2 cup(s) Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) Sugar
- 1 Tbsp(s) Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp(s) Salt
Sushi Rice Directions
- Rinse the rice in a wire strainer until it runs clear. Pour the rinsed rice into a saucepan or rice cooker. Add the water. Turn on the rice cooker or bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, combine the rice vinager, sugar, salt and oil in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the sugar is fully dissolved. Refrigerate to cool.
- When the rice is done pour it into a large bowl to cool. The faster you cool it the better. I use an electric fan. Gently toss the rice while cooling.
- Combine the rice vinager/sugar liquid into the rice. Cover and refridgerate.