Banana Walnut Bread
A delicous breakfast bread or dessert.
Waiting time 15m
For 10 Person(s)
- 1 1/4 cup(s) Flour, All-Purpose, unbleached
- 1 stick(s) Butter, unsalted at room temperature
- 1 tsp(s) Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp(s) Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp(s) Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup(s) Sugar
- 4 Bananas, very ripe
- 1/2 cup(s) Walnut Pieces, chopped
Banana Walnut Bread Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt and sift into a medium bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla.
- Spray a 9" by 5" loaf pan with baking spray.
- Peel and smash the bananas in a medium bowl.
- With a mixer, combine the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy. While mixing slowly add the egg/vanilla mix. Add the smashed bananas.
- Fold the flour mix into the banana mix. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- When done, cool on a cooling rack.
- To hold moisture, wrap the loaf in plastic wrap.