A perfect way to bake cod. Much like The Chop House Baked Scrod. You can use fresh or frozen cod. Try to use thick pieces.
For 4 Person(s)
- 4 Cod, fresh or frozen (about 8 oz each)
- 24 Saltine Crackers, crushed
- 4 Tbsp(s) Butter, unsalted
- Olive oil to grease baking dish
- 1/4 tsp(s) Salt
- 1/4 tsp(s) Paprika
- 1 dash(es) White Pepper
- 1 dash(es) Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges
Baked Cod Directions
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Dry the Cod on paper towels removing as much of the water as possible.
- Melt the 4 Tbs of butter in a medium sauce pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, paprika, black and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Place the cod in a lightly oiled glass/ceramic baking dish. Brush the cod with the melted butter. Lightly sprinkle the cod with the spice mix.
- Pour the remaining butter over the crushed crackers and mix well.
- Place the cod in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cod from the oven and roll in the buttered cracker crumbs. Return to the baking dish and place back in the oven for an additional 8 minutes. To finish, broil the cod for 2 minutes to get a nice golden top to the crackers.
- Serve with lemon wedges.