Even onion haters love this dish. The onions need to be sliced very thin. You will not get the same result with chopped onions.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 lb(s) Sweet Onion, Vidalia
- 3 Tbsp(s) Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp(s) Chives, chopped
- White Pepper to taste
Caramelized Onion Directions
- Thinly slice the onions, set aside.
- Put the oil in a sauce pan. Add the onion and salt to taste. Stir to coat well with butter.
- Cover the pan and saute on low heat (3 of 10), stirring occasionally. Cook until softened, about 25 minutes.
- Uncover and allow most of the liquid to evaperate.
- Remove from heat, stir in chives, add white pepper to taste.