Eggplant Parmesan Fries
These are fries which are baked to avoid the calories of deep frying
For 4 Person(s)
- Cooking Spray
- 1 medium Eggplant
- 1/2 cup(s) Wheat Flour
- 1 large Egg
- 2 large Egg Whites
- 1 cup(s) Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup(s) Parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 1/4 tsp(s) Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp(s) Black Pepper
- 1 tsp(s) Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp(s) Basil, dried
- 28 oz(s) Marinara Sauce
Eggplant Parmesan Fries Directions
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil and spay with cooking spray.
- Cut eggplant widthwise to 1/2 inch slices. Cut slices into 1/2 inch fries.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. In a separate bowl combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil. In another bowl pour flour.
- Dust the eggplant fries in the flour, then coat them in egg wash. Now toss them in the breadcrumb mix.
- Place the fries on the baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, turn the fries and bake for an additional 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with a warm marinara sauce.