Lamb Rogan Josh
This is a delicious meal! Nann, Garam Masala and Madras Curry Powder can be found a your local Indian grocery. We love the Garlic Naan! If you don't have Basmati rice, any rice will do.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive Oil
- 2 medium Onions, thinly sliced, about 3 cups
- 2 lb(s) Lamb, boneless, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Koster Salt
- 2 Tbsp(s) Ginger, minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 tsp(s) Madras Curry Powder
- 1 tsp(s) Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp(s) Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 14 floz Tomato Puree
- 1 cup(s) Yogurt, plain
- 2 cup(s) Water
- 1 tsp(s) Garam Masala
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- 4 Naan
- Basmati Rice
Lamb Rogan Josh Directions
- In a large frying pan (preferably non-stick) heat the oil. Season the lamb with salt and cook over high heat (8 of 10), stirring occasionally, until the lamb is browned, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Add onions a cook over medium heat (5 of 10) until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, curry, tumeric, cayenne and bay leaves and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato, yogurt, and water, bring to a boil. Season with salt.
- Return the lamb and any juices to the pan. Cover partialy and simmer over low heat until lamb is very tender, about an hour.
- Stir in the Garam Masala and cook for 5 minutes. Discard the Bay Leaves.
- Serve with Naan over rice with a garnish of cilantro.