HE Liquid Laundry Detergent
This recipe makes about 1 gallon or enough for about 75 loads. The ingredients are very inexpensive. I purchased a 70 oz box of 20 Mule Team Borax for $3.97, a 55 oz box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda for $3.97 and a 5.5 oz bar of Fels-Naptha Soap for 97¢. All from Walmart. If you want an unscented detergent you can use any unscented bar soap.
For 1 Person(s)
- 20 grams Fels-Naptha Soap, grated
- 1 Tbsp(s) Borax
- 2 Tbsp(s) Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
- 11 cup(s) Water
HE Liquid Laundry Detergent Directions
- Melt the grated soap in 1 cup of water over medium-low (3 of 10) heat. Stir constantly until soap has fully dissolved. Add the Borax and Washing Soda. Whisk until smooth.
- Using a funnel, pour it into a gallon jug. Add the remaining 10 cups of water. Mix and let stand.
- Shake the jug occationally to further mix the ingredients. Let it stand overnight. Once you have it fully mixed, fill the jug to the one gallon line (by adding an additional 5 cups of water).
- It's ready to use. Shake before each use. Use 1/4 cup per load in HE washers. Use 3/4 cup if your washer is a non-HE.