Lenny's Loaded Potato Salad
This is always a favorite that never has left-overs at family cook-outs! If you use russet potatoes you should peel them first. All other potato sins cook to a soft texture.
If the potato salad is being served at a outdoor event where it may warm, consider using an olive oil based mayonnaise.
For 15 Person(s)
- 5 lb(s) Potatoes
- 1 tsp(s) Salt
- 1 cup(s) Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Sour Cream
- 2 1/2 tsp(s) Mustard, prepared
- 1/2 tsp(s) Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp(s) Caraway Seed
- 2 Tbsp(s) Fennel Seed
- 1 Tbsp(s) Celery Seed
- 1 cup(s) Celery, chopped
- 1 cup(s) Sweet Onion, chopped
- 8 large Eggs, boiled and chopped
- 2 cup(s) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb(s) Bacon, cooked and chopped
Lenny's Loaded Potato Salad Directions
- Wash and cube the potatoes to about 1" pieces. Cover them with 1 1/2" of water, add the salt and bring to a boil and reduce to a gentle simmer. Once the potatoes are tender to a fork, dump the water out, add cold water and ice cubes to stop the cooking. Once cooled, drain, cover and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and prepared mustard. Next, mix in the black pepper, caraway seed, fennel seed, and celery seed.
- Fold the sour cream mixture into the cooked potatoes. Add the celery, onion and chopped egg. Mix softly.
- Top with cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap down to remove all air. Refridgerate 3 hours to allow the seeds to soften.