Absolutely the best Beef Stroganoff!
For 6 Person(s)
- 6 slice(s) Bacon, fried and chopped
- 1 1/2 lb(s) Round or Sirloin Steak
- Flour, for dredging
- Olive Oil, as needed
- 3 cup(s) Water
- 1 1/2 cube(s) Beef Bouillon
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Onions, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp(s) Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp(s) Pepper
- 1/4 tsp(s) Mace, or Nutmeg if you like a stronger flavor
- 1/2 tsp(s) Salt
- 12 oz(s) Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 bag(s) Wide Egg Noodles, cooked
- Parsely, for garnish
Beef Stroganoff Directions
- Fry the bacon until crispy and dry on a paper towel. Dredge meat in flour and fry in bacon grease. Add olive oil if it gets too dry. Set meat aside. Do not worry about bits on the bottom of the pan they will desolve.
- Saute onion for 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute for another minute. Add water, bring to a boil. Add bouillon, worcestershire, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Stir and return to a boil. Return the meat to the pan and simmer until meat is tender, about 1 1/2-2 hours. Add water as needed.
- Add mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes. Fold in sour cream, heat thoroughly but do not boil. Serve over wide egg noodles, sprinkle chopped bacon on top and garnish with parsely.