Cochin is a major port on the south west coast of India on the Laccadive Sea.
For 6 Person(s)
- 4 lb(s) Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tbsp(s) Olive Oil
- 4 medium Onions, cut into 8 wedges each
- 15 oz(s) Whole Tomatoes, canned
- 6 leaves Curry, fresh
- 2 Tbsp(s) White Vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) Water
- 1 Ginger, fresh 2 inch piece peeled
- 6 clove(s) Garlic
- 1 cup(s) Cilantro, fresh
- 1/2 cup(s) Mint Leaves
- 4 Green Chillies, fresh
- 3 Tbsp(s) Coriander, ground
- 1 tsp(s) Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp(s) Cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp(s) Cardamom, ground
- 1/2 tsp(s) Cloves, ground
- 1/2 tsp(s) Black Pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp(s) Anise Seed, ground
- 1/2 tsp(s) Mace, ground
- 1/2 tsp(s) Turmeric, ground
- 1/2 tsp(s) Salt
Cochin Chicken Directions
- Combine Rub ingredients. Coat each piece of chicken and refridgerate over night but at least a few hours.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot heat the oil on medium heat. saute the onion wedges until golden. Add the chicken and saute until seared.
- Add tomatoes, curry leaves, vinegar and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook covered until chicken is softened, about 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend the ginger, garlic, cilantro, mint and chillies. Add to chicken, mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.