A classic dessert which is always a hit.
For 6 Person(s)
- 6 large Egg Yolks
- 1/3 cup(s) Sugar
- 2 cup(s) Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 tsp(s) Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tbsp(s) Sugar for carmelizing
Creme Brulee Directions
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Use an oven thermometer to insure the temperature.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Add the cream and vanilla, whisk to blend well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 ramekins. Boil water to use for the water bath. Place the ramekins in an oven-proof casserole dish. Pour the boiling water into the casserole dish until the water covers 2/3 rd's of the custard.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until set around the edges and slightly loose in the center. Remove from the oven and leave in the water bath until cooled. Remove, cover and refridgerate at least 2 hours, preferably over-night.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sugar on top of each ramekin. Shake to distribute the sugar evenly. Carmelize the sugar with a kitchen torch.
- Serve plain or garnish with a mint leaf or a fresh berry (i.e. blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, etc.)