A great side for any meal.
For 8 Person(s)
- 2 Tbsp(s) Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup(s) Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Green Pepper, chopped
- 1 clove(s) Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Rice, long-grain
- 2 cup(s) Water
- 14 1/2 oz(s) Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp(s) Chili Powder
- 1 tsp(s) Garlic Powder
- 1 cup(s) Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Spanish Rice Directions
- Heat oil on medium heat. Saute the garlic, onion, green pepper and rice. When the rice has browned and the vegtables are softened add the water, tomatoes, chili powder, garlic powder and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Add the cheese and mix well.