A great side dish for any Mexican meal. Cooking the beans in beer really makes them "
For 6 Person(s)
- 3 cup(s) Pinto Beans, dried
- 2 slice(s) Bacon, thick cut
- 36 oz(s) Beer
- 2 cup(s) Water
- 1 1/2 tsp(s) Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp(s) Salt
- 1 tsp(s) Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp(s) Butter
- 1/2 cup(s) Onion, diced
- 1 cup(s) Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Refried Beans Directions
- Rinse the beans and put them in a pot with the bacon. Cover the beans with 2 inches of beer/water. Bring the beer/water to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 3-4 hours. Add water as needed to soften the beans.
- When the beans are tender to a fork, add the chili powder, salt and pepper. Remove the bacon and microwave it to crisp. Chop and return to the beans.
- In a seperate pan, melt the butter and saute the onions until translucent.
- Add the onions to the beans and mash to the consistency you like.
- Mix in the shredded cheese and top with jalapenos.