San Francisco Shrimp
A delicious shrimp dish served over rice.
For 3 Person(s)
- 1 lb(s) Shrimp, large, shelled
- Cornstarch for dusting
- 3 Tbsp(s) Olive Oil
- 3 stalk(s) Green Onion, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp(s) Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp(s) Crushed Red Pepper
- Rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup(s) Ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp(s) Cooking Sherry
- 8 oz(s) Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 tsp(s) Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp(s) Sugar
- 1/2 tsp(s) Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp(s) Salt
San Francisco Shrimp Directions
- Dry the shrimp on a paper towel. In a large bowl dust the shrimp with cornstarch. In a large skillet heat the oil and fry the shrimp until golden. remove shrimp to a separate plate, cover and keep warm.
- If you need a little more oil add it and heat. Add the green onions, garlic, ginger and red chili pepper. Stir and cook for one minute. Add the ketchup, sherry, chicken broth, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and salt. Bring to a simmer.
- Return shrimp to skillet and mix well.
- Serve over rice