Gruyere Mac & Cheese
This recipe is modified from Jones Dairy Farm to make it a little healthier. 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream are replaced with 1 cup heavy cream, 1 1/2 cups of 2% milk and 1 TBSP of flour. It has room to make it even healthier by reducing further the heavy cream. Next time I make this I might reduce the quantity of liquid to make a thicker sauce.
For 6 Person(s)
- 8 oz(s) Elbow Macaroni
- 1 cup(s) Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 cup(s) 2% Milk
- 1 Tbsp(s) Thyme, fresh
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, minced
- 8 oz(s) Gruyere, grated
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan, grated
- 3 slice(s) Bacon, cooked and chopped
Gruyere Mac & Cheese Directions
- Cook the pasta, drain and set-aside.
- Whisk the flour into the 2% milk. In a sauce pan heat the heavy cream and milk with flour. Add thyme and garlic. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat.
- Slowly add the cheeses and stir to melt. Once the cheeses are melted, pour the mixture over the pasta.
- Top with bacon.