Bourbon Salted Caramels
This recipe is adapted from a recipe on Bon Appetit. The bourbon didn't come out. I may need to make a bourbon reduction or double the bourbon.
For 1 Person(s)
- 2 cup(s) Sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Water (try replacing with bourbon)
- 1/2 cup(s) Corn Syrup, light
- 14 oz(s) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 stick(s) Butter, unsalted
- 2 Tbsp(s) Bourbon
- 1/2 tsp(s) Kosher Salt
Bourbon Salted Caramels Directions
- Line a 8"x8" baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sauce pan heat sugar, corn syrup and water on medium-high (7 of 10). Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar. Once boiling, swirl the mixture and cook until dark amber. You may need to reduce the heat to 4 of 10. Do not allow mixture to exceed 260°F.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter and condensed milk. Return to medium-low heat, whisk constantly until mixture reaches 240°F. Remove from heat and whisk in bourbon and kosher salt.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and allow to cool. Cut into 3/4" pieces. I use a pizza cutting wheel.
- Wrap pieces with parchment paper, wax paper or commercial candy wraps.