She Crab Soup
A delicoius crab soup with sherry!
For 8 Person(s)
- 2 Tbsp(s) Butter, unsalted
- 1 Onion, small, grated
- 3 stalk(s) Celery, minced
- 1 Tbsp(s) Flour, all purpose
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp(s) Ground Mace
- 1/2 tsp(s) Thyme, dried
- 1/2 tsp(s) Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp(s) Tabasco
- Lemon Juice
- 2 cup(s) Heavy Cream
- 2 cup(s) Milk
- 2 cup(s) White Crab Meat
- 1/2 cup(s) Sherry, cooking
She Crab Soup Directions
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onion and celery until soft.
- Dust the onion and celery with flour, stir and cook 5 minutes.
- Add all the spices, worcestershire, tabasco, lemon juice, and simmer briefly.
- Add the cream and milk and heat to almost scalding, stir constantly.
- Add crab meat and stir. Heat until warm.
- Add sherry and serve.