Crawfish Etouffee for 16
This is an excellent dish for large groups. Make sure you have a sellection of hot pepper sauce to spice it up for those who like it hotter.
For 15 Person(s)
- 3 stick(s) Butter
- 1 cup(s) Flour
- 4 cup(s) Onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) Green Pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) Celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) Green Onions, chopped, white part only
- 1/4 cup(s) Garlic, minced
- 4 lb(s) Crawfish Tails
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Crawfish Fat
- 2 Tbsp(s) Salt
- 1 1/4 tsp(s) Black Pepper
- 1 tsp(s) Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp(s) Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 tsp(s) Cumin
- 1 Tbsp(s) Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup(s) Green Onion, chopped, green part only
- 1/4 cup(s) Parsley, minced
- 6 cup(s) Water, cold
Crawfish Etouffee for 16 Directions
- Melt the butter in a 12 qt pot over low heat (3 of 10). Slowly whisk in the flour, stirring constantly. Cook for about 20 minutes until a medium brown roux is formed.
- Add the onion, green pepper, celery, white parts of green onion, and garlic. Stir to glaze all the vegetables. Cook until softened and tender, about 20 minutes. Add the crawfish tails, crawfish fat, salt, black pepper, cayenne, crushed red pepper, cumin, lemon juice, green onion tops, and parsley. Mix well. Add 6 cups of cold water and bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
- When ready to serve you may want to add 1-2 cups of hot water to make a gravy.
- Serve over cooked rice.