Shrimp and Scallop Fra Diavolo
This can be a spicy dish. The red pepper may be too much for some.
For 4 Person(s)
- 8 oz(s) Linguine
- 3 Tbsp(s) Olive Oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp(s) Garlic, minced
- 3/4 lb(s) Bay Scallops
- 3/4 lb(s) Shrimp, medium, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium Onion, sliced thin
- 2 tsp(s) Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp(s) Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tbsp(s) Basil, dried
- 1/2 tsp(s) Oregano, dried
- 14 1/2 oz(s) Tomatoes, crushed
- 14 1/2 oz(s) Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp(s) Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup(s) Dry White Wine
Shrimp and Scallop Fra Diavolo Directions
- Cook pasta in unsalted water according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 Tbsps olive oil. Saute garlic, shrimp and bay scallops, about 3 minutes. Remove from the skillet, set-aside, cover and keep warm.
- Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to the skillet. Saute the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add 2 tsps garlic, red pepper, basil and oregano. Mix with the onion. Add crushed and diced tomatoes, lemon juice, and wine. Cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Return the shrimp and scallops to the tomato mixture and heat until warmed throughly.
- Serve over linguine.