Orange Ginger Glaze for Beans/Peas
Too often when I make green beans I include bacon. This recipe is wonder ful with green beans, snap peas or sugar peas.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 lb(s) Green Beans, Snap Peas or Sugar Peas
- 1/2 cup(s) Orange Juice
- 1 1/4 tsp(s) Cornstarch
- 4 tsp(s) Ginger, minced
Orange Ginger Glaze for Beans/Peas Directions
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch the beans/peas until softened slightly. Drain, cover, keep warm and set-aside.
- Dissolve the corn starch in the orange juice. Mix in the ginger.
- In a saucepan, bring the juice mix to a boil. Reduce heat and whisk until the sauce thickens.
- You can either toss the finished sauce on the beans/peas or serve the sauce in a seperate dish to be poured on the beans/peas.