This is a quick and easy recipe. consider adding a slice of prosciutto.
For 4 Person(s)
- 4 each Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3 each Green Onions, chopped
- 1 each Egg, beaten
- 1 cup(s) Spinach, fresh chopped
- Black Pepper, cracked (to taste)
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup(s) Italian Bread Crumbs
- 8 slice(s) Provolone
- 1/2 Tbsp(s) Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsp(s) Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp(s) Olive Oil
Chicken Provalone Directions
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare the stuffing by combining the bread crumbs, spinach, green onion, lemon zest and beaten egg.
- Prepare the topping by combining the lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper. Whisk until well blended.
- Butterfly each chicken breast without cutting all the way through. Place 2 slices of provolone on each breast and top with stuffing. Close the breast and push the stuffing into the breast. Place chicken breasts in glass baking dish and sprinkle the topping over the breasts.
- Bake for 40 minutes.