Cheesecake-Sour Cream Based
I've made a lot of cheesecakes and had the family and friends rate the different recipes. Most people prefer a cheesecake with sour cream. Choose between Junior's crust or a graham cracker crust.
For 8 Person(s)
- 24 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Sugar, granulated
- 2 cup(s) Sour Cream
Cheesecake-Sour Cream Based Directions
- Set oven to 375° F.
- Set about 2 quarts of water to boil for the water bath.
- In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Scrape down the bowl. Beat until creamy. Mix in the sour cream. Continue beating until well mixed and smooth.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the pan on top of the cake. If you pour too fast you will disturb the cake. Place the pan in a large roasting pan. Add boiling water until the cake pan has water half way up the side. Bake 55 to 65 minutes. You want the top to begin to brown and the center to be fairly firm. When done, turn off the oven and crack the oven door. Allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to a cooling rack. Once the pan has cooled refridgerate for atleast 5 hours before serving.