New York Cheesecake
This is the original cheesecake made with only cream cheese. Add it to either a graham cracker crust or Junior's sponge cake crust.
For 8 Person(s)
- 4 package(s) Cream Cheese, room temperature (8 oz each)
- 1 2/3 cup(s) Sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp(s) Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) Heavy Whipping Cream
New York Cheesecake Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Set 2 quarts of water to boil for a water bath.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low, beat 8 oz of softened cream cheese with 1/3 of the sugar and the corn starch. Scrape down the bowl. Add the remaining softened cream cheese 1 package at a time.
- Scrap down the bowl several times as you continue. With the mixer set to medium beat the remaining sugar and the vanilla. Blend in the eggs one at a time.Make sure you are scraping down the bowl. Beat in the cream. Mix until well blended.
- Gently spoon the filling into the spring-form pan onto your crust.
- Place the spring-form pan into a large roasting pan. Make sure the spring-form pan is wrapped in aluminum foil. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan bringing the water level about half way up the outside of the spring-form pan.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours. If the center is too runny, bake an additional 10 minutes. The top should begin to turn light gold and the center should barley jiggle.
- Remove the spring-form pan from the water bath and allow to cool on a wire rack.