Old Fashioned Stuffing
I usually make my own bread cubes by drying Italian bread.
For 4 Person(s)
- 30 slices White Bread, lightly toasted and dry
- 2 Tbsp(s) Butter, melted
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 2 large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 tsps Sage
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tsps Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Old Fashioned Stuffing Directions
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with cooking oil.
- Place the bread crumbs in a large bowl. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and saute the onion and celery until softened. Drain and set aside.
- Mix the eggs and chicken broth together and mix into the bread cubes. You want a moist mixture but not mushy. Add more broth or water if needed. Stir in the onion, celery, sage, garlic powder thyme, salt and pepper.
- Press the mixture into the baking dish. Bake 1 hour or until the top is brown and crisp.